So far this year, I have been trying really hard to watch what I am eating.   This means cutting out some extra sugar here and there. As a d...

CHOCOLATE MOCHA CHIP BANANA BREAD

So far this year, I have been trying really hard to watch what I am eating.   This means cutting out some extra sugar here and there.

As a dessert blogger, this makes it very challenging.  Someone has to test all these goodies coming out of my kitchen 😉

One way I starting cutting out extra sugar was in my daily coffee.   Instead of pouring in the sugary goodness that is creamer, I started using some Stevia and powdered creamer.  It was a big change for me, but I got used to it.

After 2 months of doing this, my husband and I had a date night.  We stopped for coffee and I ordered my usual drink.  After cutting these out for so long, I was so excited to “splurge”.

The only problem is that my tastebuds had adjusted.  That drink was soooo sweet that I could hardly drink it.  Who am I?

Ingredients

  • For the Bread
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  • For the Coffee Frosting
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Beat the sugars and butter until creamy. Stir the instant coffee into the vanilla. Add the eggs, banana, yogurt, and coffee vanilla to the butter and beat again.
  2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the creamed mixture slowly. Do not over beat. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand gently. Spoon into a greased 9x5 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Flip out and let cool completely.
  3. Dissolve the water and coffee together and beat into the butter. Slowly add the powdered sugar until creamy. Spread over the top of the cooled bread. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Cut into slices. Store in a tightly sealed container.


Notes

*You can leave the coffee out of the recipe if you do not like coffee flavored treats.

thanks done share recipes to : https://insidebrucrewlife.com/2014/05/chocolate-mocha-chip-banana-bread/

0 comments:

close